Support Breast Cancer Awareness

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Test Anxiety

I hate to take tests, I have never tested well and have major text anxiety.  In school, homework, extra credit and class participation always helped my grades since tests were never my strong point, I get so nervous I sometimes puke.

For my prior job we were required to be licensed in the states we did business in. I was licensed in 8 states, I think, possibly more.  I was grandfathered in for a few so I didn't have to re-test every year, everywhere because even though I knew the laws and guidelines, I still would get so nervous.  FHA/VA and Bond Money are always changing so those tests were the most nerve wracking for me.

When I moved from Ohio to Texas for my job and had to get a new driver's license all I had to do was turn in my old Ohio license and they took my picture and gave me a Texas one, easy enough.  When I moved back to Ohio, they made me take a written test.  I couldn't understand why since I had a license for so many years and knew how to drive even though the jury is always still out on that topic.  After studying and lots of anxiety I went to take the test and surprisingly did very
well.  I had hoped that was the last time I would ever have to take a written drivers test again, WRONG!

Oregon requires you to also take the written test and has the right to also ask you to take the drivers test.  I can tell you right now, I would fail before we even got out of the parking lot.  I am thinking maybe I should look into buying a bike with 2 seats on each side or look into bus passes.  I am not a bad driver, just the thought of having to take the test makes me nervous and I lose all sense of what I have known since I was 16. 

  
I got even more nervous when one of my employees told me she took the test and failed, she is super smart.  If she failed then there was certainly no hope for me.  I figured I have until 2013 to pass the test since that is when my Ohio license expires.


I have been studying the book and soon realized some of the laws are different from Ohio and I hate numbers.  There are so many numbers 100 ft, 300 ft, 500 ft.  How am I supposed to remember all these numbers??? How the heck am I supposed to know what to do if a horse gets scared and stops on the road?  Why would a horse be on the road anyways?  I am beginning to think what is up with this State,  why so many crazy laws?

My husband took the test last week and passed and I was sure he would get a 100% since he is really smart too.  He didn't do as well as I expected him to which then even made me more nervous.  However, he has an Oregon license and I still don't.   He thought it would be fun to make a little wager.  If I didn't pass then he would get, well... let's just say it was a sexual bet, one that I wasn't willing to take because I am not that confident I am going to pass.



I better stop blogging and get back to studying otherwise I am never going to pass this 
test, my husband will never let me hear the end of it and I may be stripped of my PTA, soccer mom in a minivan driving privileges.

No comments:

Post a Comment